May 28, 2020
Today, the Jessamine County Board of Elections met to discuss the upcoming June 23, 2020 Primary Election. Based on the Executive Order set forth from Governor Andy Beshear and Secretary of State Michael Adams, here is how the Primary Election will be conducted in Jessamine County.
- Expanded absentee voting by mail.
- Absentee in-person voting in the Jessamine County Clerk’s Office. BY APPOINTMENT ONLY 6-8-2020 THRU 6-22-2020 DURING regular business hours.
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm and Thursday 8:00 am to 12:00 noon.
- Voting on Election Day, June 23, 2020 from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the Nicholasville Elementary School gymnasium, Wilmore Elementary gymnasium, Southland Christian Church and East Jessamine Middle School gymnasium.
- If you request an absentee ballot, you will have the option to either return it by mail or there is a SECURED drop-box located in the Jessamine County Courthouse outside of the Voter Registration Office.
- All Absentee Ballots MUST BE POSTMARKED by June 23, 2020 and received by June 27, 2020.
- Requesting an absentee ballot to be mailed will be handled as follows:
- You can call 859-885-4161 Ext.5 and speak with someone in Voter Registration.
- You can email me directly at [email protected]
- Once the State Board of Elections has the secured absentee ballot request portal open, you then will be directed to request a ballot on this site: govoteky.com
- The last day to request an absentee ballot is June 15, 2020.
A few things to consider: If you utilize in person voting either by appointment or by showing up at the designated voting center, you will be asked to have your driver’s license ready to present to the clerk.
We recognize this is an unfamiliar way to vote, but this process is for the Primary Election June 23, 2020 ONLY. If you have any further questions, please call the Jessamine County Voter Registration Office at 859-885-4161 Ext.5 or jessamine.countyclerk.us
Johnny M. Collier, CJC
Clerk of Jessamine County