September 1, 2020
Today, the Jessamine County Board of Elections met to discuss the upcoming November 3, 2020, General Election. Based on the Executive Order set forth from Governor Andy Beshear and Secretary of State Michael Adams, here is how the General Election will be conducted in Jessamine County.
- Expanded absentee voting by mail.
- Absentee in-person voting & early voting in the Jessamine County Clerk’s Office starts 10-13-2020 thru 11-2-2020 during regular business hours.
- Monday thru Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. & Saturday 8:00 am -12:00 pm.
- Voting on Election Day, November 3 2020 from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the Nicholasville Elementary School gymnasium, Wilmore Elementary gymnasium, Southland Christian Church, Jessamine Co. Public Library, Faith United Community Church and East Jessamine Middle School gymnasium.
- If you request an absentee ballot, you will have the option to either return it by mail or there is a SECURED drop-box located in the Jessamine County Courthouse outside of the Voter Registration Office.
- All Absentee Ballots MUST BE POSTMARKED by November 3, 2020 6:00 pm and received by November 6, 2020.
- Requesting an absentee ballot to be mailed will be handled as follows:
- You can call (859) 885-4161 Ext 5 and speak with someone in Voter Registration
- Go to: govoteky.com to request an absentee ballot on the State Board of Election secure online portal.
- The last day to request an absentee ballot is October 9, 2020
- If an absentee ballot has been requested, you are not eligible to vote in person unless your ballot has NOT been received by 10/28/2020.
A few things to consider: If you utilize in person voting either by in office or by showing up at the designated voting center, you will be asked to have your driver’s license ready to present to the clerk.
We recognize this is an unfamiliar way to vote, but this process is for the General Election November 3, 2020 ONLY. If you have any further questions, please call the Jessamine County Voter Registration Office at (859) 885-4161 Ext.5 or jessamine.countyclerk.us
Election Department Overview
The Voter Registration Department performs a wide variety of duties related to the election process. We are responsible for registering voters, keeping the voter registrations up-to-date, providing voting locations, recruiting poll workers for election day, maintaining and securing the voting machines, and providing election results once the election process is complete.
Our goal is to always provide accurate up-to-date information to voters as well as potential candidates who wish to run for office.
Our normal hours of operation can be found on our contact page.
If would like to view what your ballot will look like for the upcoming election please visit the Secretary of State’s website and view the Sample Ballots. Here you can not only find your personal ballot, but a copy of each ballot in the entire state of Kentucky. Please use the additional links below to answer your election related questions.